Our next meeting! FIELD TRIP on May 17th!!!! to the Green Valley Book Fair, North River Library, AND Grammie's Ice Cream too! Pick up Permission Forms at the Library and return them, signed by Friday, May 10th.
Library Guild in ACTION!
Stay tuned to learn how to participate with our GROUP in SCHOOLOGY too! Check it often, and join in!
Be sure to stop by and check the NEW LIBRARY GUILD bulletin board in the library!
Also look at the Easel outside the library for announcements!
The Library Guild Club Day Meetings will begin during 6th grade lunches, at 12:20, and go until the end of 5th period so you should bring all of your things with you.
The Library Guild is open to 6th, 7th and 8th grade students (we have our maximum number now). Their mission is to promote reading at Pence. These are some of the things they will be doing:
- Plan and host the Virginia Readers' Choice Voting/Celebration held on April 11, 2019.
- Visit this library website frequently and provide feedback to Ms. Hall. We are now communicating through SCHOOLOGY on our Group!
- Blog and contribute to the Favorite Authors, and VRC pages.
- Contribute book reviews through our library catalog.
- Promote reading through our book fairs, book marks, posters around the school.
- Possibly sponsoring a Reading Lock In!
- Adopt a book shelf - dust it, shelf read it, display it!
- Shelving Fiction books on cart.