Our next meeting! Friday, February 1st, at 12:20 (Listen for announcements)!
6th graders: If possible, pack your lunch that day and come straight to the library when your classes go to cafeteria.
Library Guild in ACTION!
Next Meeting on Odd Club Day; Friday, 2/1 12:20pm - 1:13pm!
Be sure to stop by and check the NEW LIBRARY GUILD bulletin board in the library!
Also look at the Easel outside the library for announcements!
Stay tuned to learn how to participate with our GROUP in SCHOOLOGY too!
The Library Guild Club Day Meetings will begin during 6th grade lunches, at 12:20, and go until the end of 5th period so you should bring all of your things with you.
The Library Guild is open to 6th, 7th and 8th grade students (we have our maximum number now). Their mission is to promote reading at Pence. These are some of the things they will be doing:
- Plan and host the Virginia Readers' Choice Voting/Celebration held on April 11, 2019.
- Visit this library website frequently and provide feedback to Ms. Hall. We are now communicating through SCHOOLOGY on our Group!
- Blog and contribute to the Favorite Authors, and VRC pages.
- Contribute book reviews through our library catalog.
- Promote reading through our book fairs, book marks, posters around the school.
- Possibly sponsoring a Reading Lock In!
- Adopt a book shelf - dust it, shelf read it, display it!
- Shelving Fiction books on cart.